Job description* Looking for something different in the New Year?
* Got an easy going, team focused attitude?
* Want to try Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) work?
Want to work hard when rostered on then have a good chunk of time off when back home in NZ? Spend time with your family and friends, go surfing, renovate the house, study or even pick up a few small jobs – the choice is yours!
Tradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest from qualified and experienced COMMERCIAL CARPENTERS for essential work on a remote pacific island.
THE ROLE: Commercial Carpentry including maintenance work, some new build work and a variety of other tasks. Work on this project can be really varied, it’s best to include all your relevant experience on your CV.
As well as your commercial experience you’ll also need to be Trade Qualified.
If along with your solid work experience and qualifications you can bring your great work ethic, flexible approach, exceptional fitness, resilience (it’s hot and humid where you’ll be working) and high levels of common sense then we can offer:
- $2.9K per week (after taxes) - Contractor basis, paid fortnightly in NZ Dollars.
- Food and accommodation.
- Travel insurance, visas and flights (from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch).
- A spectacular opportunity to gain overseas experience and work with a great team of people.
If you like the sound of this and would like to apply, please note:
- Applications will be processed up until 23 Dec then from 6 Jan.
- Due to travel restrictions at present, we cannot use anyone who is not an NZ/AU CITIZEN
- You need to be currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- Be vaccinated for Covid-19 due to legislation around travel.
- First interview will be via video. You will need to travel to Tauranga for medicals/induction at your own expense (we cover medical testing costs). Social distancing rules apply.
- You need a clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- You will need to pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- You need to be able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
Who Are We? Tradestaff Global is part of the Tradestaff Group, one of New Zealand's largest & most trusted recruitment companies. We specialise in the supply of expat labour to international projects. We supply FIFO staff into a variety of positions. In construction we regularly recruit for staff such as Builders/Carpenters, Electricians, Plumbers, Concreters & Plant Operators. We also deal with technical roles such as Engineers & Management positions on a regular basis. All current vacancies can be found on our website.