Job descriptionTradestaff Global is seeking urgent expressions of interest from qualified & experienced COMMERCIAL CARPENTERS to work on a project in ANTARCTICA. This is an epic opportunity that doesn’t come along every day, don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime.
* Due to travel restrictions you’ll need to be a NZ/AU CITIZEN & CURRENTLY permanently based in NZ.
* All our workers must be vaccinated for Covid-19 due to travel restrictions.
This role isn’t for the faint hearted; you’d be staying in one of the most isolated places in the world. You’ll be based there from early October to mid-December however due to the nature of the work, you may still be away over the Christmas period. It’ll be hard work but in return you’ll be paid well, gain the experience of a lifetime & see some amazing sights that most people will never get to see. If you’ve ever wanted to tick this off your bucket list, this could be the job for you.
We’re looking for qualified carpenters with commercial experience. There will be a range of carpentry work including cladding work & labouring work.
Role will be starting approx early October but background checks, inductions etc need to get underway ASAP, don’t delay in applying. If successful from interview you would need to come to Tauranga for an in-depth medical very soon (in the next week). The medicals are quite strict, so you would need to be in very good health/fitness. You would also be required to do Dental exams so would need good dental health to get clearance.
60 hours per week
Working 6 out of 7 days
4 weeks in quarantine all up. You'll be paid 60 hours for each week you’re in quarantine.
* Flights provided from any major NZ airport
* Food, accommodation, travel insurance provided
* $52 per hour - Contractor basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
Remote projects require a solid team effort, we’re looking for someone with right attitude that’s willing to be part of a great hardworking supportive team.
Exceptional fitness is required due to long hours & extreme conditions. Work’s fast paced & everyone’s expected to pitch in & help other trades (including labouring work).
CRITERIA YOU’ll NEED TO MEET:
- Interview via Video or in person. Social distancing rules may apply.
- Currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Client confidentiality agreements restrict the ability to give out further info about the role apart from what’s noted above. More info would be discussed at interview.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- A current up to date CV must be supplied, failure to do this will result in your application being rejected.
- There’s a lot of interest in these overseas roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.