Job descriptionSeeking expressions of interest from qualified & experienced COMMERCIAL ELECTRICIANS for essential work on a remote project in the Pacific. Now’s the time to apply if you’ve ever thought about doing FIFO work & taking your career to the next level.
* Due to travel restrictions you’ll need to be a NZ/AU CITIZEN & CURRENTLY permanently based in NZ.
* Earn $2.9K per week after taxes. Contractor basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
* Food & Accommodation provided. Save $ while on site with minimal expenses while working
* Travel Insurance / Visa’s / Flights (from AKL, WLG or CHC) provided
* Time off to spend with your family, travel NZ, fish, hunt, relax, renovate your house, study etc
* Great opportunity to gain overseas experience while being paid in NZ Dollars.
The Role: Commercial electrical work including some new build and some maintenance work and a variety of other tasks. Please include details about the type of work you’ve previously done in your CV.
If you have any experience with the following please outline it in your CV:
- Appliance Repair/Maintenance i.e. commercial ovens, washing machines, dryers, catering equipment
- HVAC / Air Conditioning / Refrigeration
- Industrial Work including PLC’s
You’ll need 3 years minimum proven experience after gaining your Trade qualification. A current NZ practicing licence. Got the skills? Don’t delay, APPLY NOW!!!
- 8 weeks away 4 weeks at home in NZ
- This is a loose roster subject to change due to the nature of remote work
- The weeks away includes time spent in quarantine (you’ll be paid for being in quarantine)
- Hours of work: 6 x 12 hr days per week
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
* A great work ethic, flexible approach, awesome attitude & good common sense.
* Exceptional fitness due to long hours & extreme conditions. Temperatures regularly reach 40 degrees with 85% humidity.
* Happy to help where needed, it’s a team effort on site. Work is fast paced & everyone’s expected to pitch in & help other trades (including labouring work).
* You'll need to be happy roughing it & sharing accommodation at times. You’ll be working with a great bunch of people which will make time fly by, earn great money & get the experience of a lifetime.
CRITERIA YOU’ll NEED TO MEET:
- 1st interview via Video. You’ll need to travel to Tauranga at least once for medicals/induction at your own expense (med testing costs covered by us). Social distancing rules may apply.
- Currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- All our workers must be willing to be vaccinated for Covid-19 due to legislation around travel.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Client confidentiality agreements restrict the ability to give out further info about the role (e.g. location) apart from what’s noted above. More info would be discussed at interview.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- A current up to date CV must be supplied, failure to do this will result in your application being rejected.
- There’s a lot of interest in these overseas roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.