Job descriptionTradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest from people with WAREHOUSE/LOGISTICS experience for essential work on a remote project in the Pacific. Please note, this is only expressions of interest at this stage, we’re looking to get someone on standby ready for upcoming work. This would be a great opportunity to gain overseas experience while being paid in NZ Dollars. Now’s the time to apply if you’ve ever thought about doing Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) work.
* Earn $2.7k per week after taxes - Contractor basis paid fortnightly in NZ$
* Flights provided from AKL, WLG or CHC
* Visas & Travel Insurance paid
* Food & Accommodation provided. Save $ while on site, you’ll have minimum expenses while working
- Class 2 Licence & experience
- Class 4, WTR or Fork Lift Licences: It’ll be a bonus if you have these, & people with these licences will be prioritised.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Clean Criminal record: No unspent convictions including DIC. Police checks will be done
- Excellent fitness: The environment is challenging (over 40°C), work will be physical with long hours.
- A Great Attitude: With remote work we need people who take problems in their stride, things go wrong, we need positive people who adapt & are solutions focussed
- Flexibility: Work’s varied, expect to be doing general labouring 70% of the time & more skilled work the rest of the time. One day may be doing heavy lifting unloading shipping containers then a few hours on the Forklift or driving a truck. You could be stocktaking, doing deliveries or doing other random duties as per our client’s needs.
- Admin/IT Skills: There may be admin or stocktaking which will require people to be IT literate & good at paperwork
- Supervisory Skills: You’ll be working alongside & supervising a team of locals.
* Remote projects require a solid team effort, we’re looking for someone with right attitude willing to be part of a great hardworking supportive team
* A great work ethic, flexible approach, awesome attitude & good common sense
* You'll need to be happy roughing it & sharing accommodation, you’ll be working with a great bunch of people which will make time fly by, earn great money & get the experience of a lifetime
There are two roster options:
Option A – 12 weeks away, 4 weeks at home in NZ
Option B – 8 weeks away, 4 weeks at home in NZ
* Time away includes time spent in quarantine which is paid.
Hours of work: 6 x 10 hour days per week. (60 hours total). There will be day and/or night shifts.
You’ll need to meet the criteria below:
- Be willing to travel to our office in Tauranga for interview/medicals/induction at your own expense (medical testing costs covered by us). Social distancing rules may apply.
- Have a NZ or AUS passport for visa purposes due to the countries we work in. We can accept applicants with NZ permanent residence (with no travel restrictions) under certain circumstances.
- Currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & good attention to detail.
- Client confidentiality agreements restrict the ability to give out further info about the role (e.g. location) apart from what’s noted above. More info would be discussed at interview.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.