Job descriptionTradestaff Global is looking for a qualified & experienced MOBILE PLANT OPERATOR for essential work on a remote project in the Pacific.
You’ll need to have at least 3 years proven experience working on large commercial, civil, new build construction projects. You’ll hold a current WTR & a full Class 4 driving licence. Please ensure you discuss the types of plant machinery and trucks you have operated in your CV.
The Role: Operating a variety of mobile plant machinery for facilities maintenance in a commercial environment. There may be occasions when you’re also working on new build/install works. It will be a varied role, part of the time you’ll be operating various plant machinery & other times assisting the other trades on site which will include labouring work.
Can you confidently operate: Excavators, Diggers, Bobcats, Front End Loaders, Graders, Tippers, Bulldozers, Moxies & Rollers, Tipper Trucks, Water Carts? Don’t delay, APPLY NOW!!!
* Earn $2.9k per week after taxes - Contractor basis paid fortnightly in NZ$
* Flights provided from AKL, WLG OR CHC
* Visas & Travel Insurance paid
* Food & Accommodation provided. Save $ while on site, you’ll have minimum expenses while working
* Gain overseas experience, take your career to the next level with Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) work
10 weeks away, 2 weeks at home in NZ
* The time away includes time spent in quarantine which is paid.
Hours of work are 6 x 10 hour days per week. (60 hours total)
What We’re Looking For:
* WTR endorsements & Full Class 4 Driving Licence
* At least 3 years experience in a similar role
* Experience on a variety plant machinery as per above
* A great work ethic, flexible approach, awesome attitude & good common sense
* Exceptional fitness due to long hours & extreme conditions. Temperatures regularly reach 40 degrees with 85% humidity
* Happy to help where needed, it’s a team effort on site. Work’s fast paced & everyone’s expected to pitch in & help out other trades (including labouring work)
* You'll need to be happy roughing it & sharing accommodation. You’ll be working with a great bunch of people which will make time fly by, earn great money & get the experience of a lifetime
You’ll need to meet the criteria below:
- 1st interview via Video. You’ll need to travel to Tauranga at least once for medicals/induction at your own expense (med testing costs covered by us). Social distancing rules apply.
- Have a NZ or AUS passport for visa purposes due to the countries we work in. We can accept applicants with NZ permanent residence (with no travel restrictions) under certain circumstances.
- Currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & good attention to detail.
- Client confidentiality agreements restrict the ability to give out further info about the role (e.g. location) apart from what’s noted above. More info would be discussed at interview.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- A current up to date CV must be supplied, failure to do this will result in your application being rejected.
- There’s a lot of interest in these overseas roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.