Job descriptionTradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest from IT & Telecom Techs with a Network Engineering & IT Support background for essential work on a remote project in the Pacific.
Now’s the time to apply if you’ve ever thought about doing FIFO work & taking your career to the next level.
* Due to travel restrictions you’ll need to be a NZ/AU CITIZEN & CURRENTLY permanently based in NZ
* Earn $3.1K per week after taxes. Contractor basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
* Food & Accommodation provided. Save $ while on site with minimal expenses while working
* Travel Insurance / Visa’s / Flights (from AKL, WLG or CHC) provided
* Time off to spend with your family, travel NZ, fish, hunt, relax, renovate your house, study etc
* Opportunity to gain overseas experience while being paid in NZ Dollars.
- 8 weeks away 4 weeks at home in NZ
- This is a loose roster subject to change due to the nature of remote work
- The weeks away includes time spent in quarantine (you’ll be paid for being in quarantine)
- Hours of work: 6 x 12 hr days per week + on-call
Experience of large commercial installations such as hospitals, universities, offices, commercial premises, military premises or similar.
It’s a mixed role with network engineering + helpdesk support & is a hands-on role, not sat behind a desk all day. This role will require on-call & you’ll need to be able to work autonomously.
- Experience with complex Networking & Wireless infrastructure including: Switching, Routing, VLAN’s
- Wireless Ubiquiti
- Experience with Microwave & P2P links
- Understanding of Security in Networking
- Experience with monitoring tools & developed metrics for network availability
- High level troubleshooting skills for LAN, WAN WIFI, routing & voice
- Able to provide advice to the ICT Manager onshore about network upgrades & implementations
- Experience with CCTV & Digital Radio required
- Level 1 -3 Helpdesk Support for staff and stakeholders
- Training, support, feedback & advice to personnel on site around IT hardware & general issues
- Managing local active directory users, print/file services & email accounts via Office 365
- Testing of equipment to ensure all components are running effectively
- Troubleshooting, Diagnostics & resolving problems
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
* A great work ethic, flexible approach, awesome attitude & good common sense.
* Exceptional fitness due to long hours & extreme conditions. Temperatures regularly reach 40 degrees with 85% humidity.
* Happy to help where needed, it’s a team effort on site. Work is fast paced & everyone’s expected to pitch in & help other trades (including labouring work).
* You'll need to be happy roughing it & sharing accommodation at times. You’ll be working with a great bunch of people which will make time fly by, earn great money & get the experience of a lifetime.
CRITERIA YOU’LL NEED TO MEET:
- 1st interview via Video. You’ll need to travel to Tauranga at least once for medicals/induction at your own expense (med testing costs covered by us). Social distancing rules apply.
- Currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- All our workers must be willing to be vaccinated for Covid-19 due to legislation around travel.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Client confidentiality agreements restrict the ability to give out further info about the role (e.g. location) apart from what’s noted above. More info would be discussed at interview.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system. Please don’t call/email to apply for the job.
- A current up to date CV must be supplied, failure to do this will result in your application being rejected.
- There’s a lot of interest in these overseas roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient you will get an answer from us either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).