Job descriptionWe are seeking expressions of interest from Licensed and experienced Mobile Plant Operators to work in Antarctica for the upcoming summer season with multiple vacancies available.
You must have WTR Endorsements on your driver licence and ideally a Class 4 licence otherwise a minimum of a Class 2 Licence.
This is an epic opportunity that does not come along every day, do not miss out on the experience of a lifetime.
* You need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as well as having had your booster vaccine due to travel requirements.
Duties: Operating mobile plant machinery including Excavators, Loaders, Bulldozers, Trucks, Rollers and Telehandlers. You also need to be willing to get out of the cab and assist other trades at times.
You will Need to:
- Hold WTR and ideally a Class 4 Licence otherwise a minimum of a Class 2 License.
- Have experience in a construction environment.
- Supply a current up to date CV that outlines your skills, experience and types of mobile plant machinery operated including sizes and examples of projects/sites worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of paperwork.
It’ll be hard work but in return you’ll be paid well, gain the experience of a lifetime, and see some amazing sights that most people will never get to experience. If you have ever wanted to tick this off your bucket list, this could be the job for you.
The role will be starting in October, but the onboarding process is quite lengthy due to medical requirements and background checks.
At present we are asking people to express their interest and will be conducting interviews in the coming weeks.
The medicals are quite strict, you would need to be in very good health / have excellent fitness. You would also be required to do Dental exams and would need good dental health to get clearance.
There is always a lot of interest in these roles, you will need to be patient while we work through all the stages with the applications.
54 hours per week
Working 6 out of 7 days
* Flights provided from any major NZ airport
* Food, accommodation, travel insurance provided
* $57.77 per hour - Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
Remote projects require a solid team effort, we are looking for someone with right attitude that’s willing to be part of a great hardworking supportive team.
Exceptional fitness is required due to long hours & extreme conditions. Work is fast paced & everyone is expected to pitch in & help other trades (including labouring work).
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity and would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA YOU’ll NEED TO MEET:
- New Zealand Citizenship and hold a CURRENT NZ Passport.
- Be currently permanently based in NZ.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug & alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- There’s a lot of interest in these roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.