Job descriptionHow does time off to spend with family, go hiking, fishing or renovate the house etc sound? We’re seeking expressions of interest from qualified & experienced COMMERCIAL PLUMBERS for essential work on a remote project in the Pacific. Now’s the time to apply if you’ve ever thought about doing FIFO work & taking your career to the next level.
* Due to travel restrictions you’ll need to be a NZ/AU CITIZEN & CURRENTLY permanently based in NZ.
- 3 years minimum experience after qualifying & a current Journeyman, Tradesman or Certifying NZ Plumber Practicing Licence.
Got the skills? Don’t delay, APPLY NOW!!!
THE ROLE: Commercial Plumbing work including some new build and some maintenance work and a variety of other tasks. Please include details about the type of work you’ve previously done in your CV.
If you have any experience with: Drain laying & underground services / Wastewater Treatment / Reverse Osmosis Plant please outline it in your CV.
* Earn $2.9K per week after taxes. Contractor basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
* Food & Accommodation provided. Save $ while on site with minimal expenses while working
* Travel Insurance / Visa’s / Flights (from AKL, WLG or CHC) provided
* Time off to spend with your family, travel NZ, fish, hunt, relax, renovate your house, study etc
* Great opportunity to gain overseas experience while being paid in NZ Dollars.
- 8 weeks away 4 weeks at home in NZ
- This is a loose roster subject to change due to the nature of remote work
- The weeks away includes time spent in quarantine (you’ll be paid for being in quarantine)
- Hours of work: 6 x 12 hr days per week
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
* A great work ethic, flexible approach, awesome attitude & good common sense.
* Exceptional fitness due to long hours & extreme conditions. Temperatures regularly reach 40 degrees with 85% humidity.
* Happy to help where needed, it’s a team effort on site. Work is fast paced & everyone’s expected to pitch in & help other trades (including labouring work).
* You'll need to be happy roughing it & sharing accommodation at times. You’ll be working with a great bunch of people which will make time fly by, earn great money & get the experience of a lifetime.
CRITERIA YOU’ll NEED TO MEET:
- 1st interview via Video. You’ll need to travel to Tauranga at least once for medicals/induction at your own expense (med testing costs covered by us). Social distancing rules apply.
- Currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- All our workers must be willing to be vaccinated for Covid-19 due to legislation around travel.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Client confidentiality agreements restrict the ability to give out further info about the role (e.g. location) apart from what’s noted above. More info would be discussed at interview.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- A current up to date CV must be supplied, failure to do this will result in your application being rejected.
- There’s a lot of interest in these overseas roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.