Job descriptionIf you’re fed up with working all the time, Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) work might be the solution you’ve been looking for. Get a good portion of time off to spend time with your family and friends, go surfing, renovate the house, study, or even pick up a few small jobs – the choice is yours!
Tradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest from experienced PLUMBERS for essential work on a remote pacific island.
ROSTER: Working 6 x 12-hour days on site. Depending on site requirements, either 8 weeks working away with a 4 week break in NZ or 6 weeks working away with 4 weeks off in NZ. Time spent in quarantine is paid. Rosters are subject to change due to the nature of remote work and the challenges of travelling these days.
THE ROLE: Commercial Plumbing work including some new build and maintenance work and a variety of other tasks. Work on this project can be really varied, it’s best to include all your relevant experience on your CV especially if you have experience with drain laying, underground services, Wastewater Treatment / Reverse Osmosis Plants.
* You’ll need a current NZ Journeyman, Tradesman or Certifying Plumber Practicing Licence.
If along with your solid work experience and qualifications you can bring your great work ethic, flexible approach, exceptional fitness, resilience (it’s hot and humid where you’ll be working), easy going team focused attitude and high levels of common sense, we can offer:
- $2.9K per week (after taxes) - Contractor basis, paid fortnightly in NZ Dollars.
- Food and accommodation.
- Travel insurance, visas, and flights.
- A spectacular opportunity to gain overseas experience and work with a great team of people.
- NZ or AUS passport required for visa purposes due to the countries we work in. We can accept applicants with NZ Permanent Residence (with no travel restrictions) under certain circumstances.
- You need to be currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- Be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 for this role due to overseas border entry requirements.
- First interview will be via video. You will need to travel to Tauranga for medicals/induction at your own expense (we cover medical testing costs). Social distancing rules apply.
- You need a clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- You will need to pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- You need to be able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
Who Are We? Tradestaff Global is part of the Tradestaff Group, one of New Zealand's largest & most trusted recruitment companies. We specialise in the supply of expat labour to international projects. We supply FIFO staff into a variety of positions. In construction we regularly recruit for staff such as Builders/Carpenters, Electricians, Plumbers, Concreters & Plant Operators. We also deal with technical roles such as Engineers & Management positions on a regular basis. All current vacancies can be found on our website.