Job descriptionWe are seeking expressions of interest from licensed and experienced Roller Operators to work in Antarctica for the upcoming summer season. We have multiple vacancies available.
This is an epic opportunity that does not come along every day, do not miss out on the experience of a lifetime!
* Due to travel requirements, you need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as well as having had your booster vaccine.
Duties: Operating Rollers on a construction project. You also need to be willing to get out of the cab and assist other trades including labouring work. If you don’t like getting out of the cab, please don’t apply.
You will Need to:
- Hold a R Endorsement and a Class 2 Licence.
- Have solid experience operating large sized Rollers on high-risk sites such as construction, roading, civil etc.
- Supply a current up to date CV that outlines your skills, experience with Rollers including sizes / brand and examples of projects/sites worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of paperwork.
- Not essential but it would be a distinct advantage if you had experience on other plant machinery such as Bulldozers, Loaders, Telehandlers etc.
It’ll be hard work but in return you’ll be paid well, gain the experience of a lifetime, and see some amazing sights that most people will never get to experience. If you have ever wanted to tick this off your bucket list, this could be the job for you.
The role will be starting in December, but the onboarding process is quite lengthy due to medical requirements and background checks.
At present we are asking people to express their interest and will be conducting interviews in the coming weeks.
The medicals are quite strict, you would need to be in very good health / have excellent fitness. You would also be required to do Dental exams and would need good dental health to get clearance.
As there is always a lot of interest in these roles, we ask you to please be patient while we work through all the stages with the applications.
54 hours per week
Working 6 out of 7 days
* Flights provided from any major NZ airport
* Food, accommodation, travel insurance provided
* $57.77 per hour - Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
* All PPE supplied
Remote projects require a solid team effort, we are looking for someone with right attitude that’s willing to be part of a great hardworking supportive team.
Exceptional fitness is required due to long hours & extreme conditions. Work is fast paced & everyone is expected to pitch in & help other trades (including labouring work).
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity and would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA YOU’ll NEED TO MEET:
- New Zealand Citizenship and hold a CURRENT NZ Passport.
- Be currently permanently based in NZ.
- First interview will be via video. You will need to be prepared to travel to Tauranga for dental and medical tests. We pay for the tests and will provide flights.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug & alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure everyone gets a response. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.
- There’s a lot of interest in these roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about the outcome of your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).