Job descriptionTradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest for an experienced SAFETY ENGINEER to work on a project in ANTARCTICA. This is an epic opportunity that doesn’t come along every day, don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime.
This role isn’t for the faint hearted, you’d be living in one of the most isolated places in the world. You’ll be based there for approx. 6 months. It’ll be hard work but in return you’ll be paid well, gain the experience of a lifetime & see some amazing sights that most people will never get to see. If you’ve ever wanted to tick this off your bucket list, this could be the job for you.
Role could start as early as mid March but background checks, inductions, medicals and dental checks etc need to get underway ASAP, don’t delay in applying.
We’re looking for someone with extensive experience and knowledge of health and safety in a commercial/industrial environment - including reporting, program compliance, conducting training sessions, control and issue of H&S gear, use/maintenance of H&S instrumentation.
* Earn $3.5k p/w
* Flights provided from any major NZ airport
* Food, accommodation, travel insurance provided
* Excellent rates on a contract basis paid fortnightly in NZ Dollars.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
* Either a Bachelor of Science (BS) in chemistry, environmental, engineering, H&S or another related field or extensive relevant experience
* Excellent fitness due to extreme climates & long hours
* Great work ethic, a flexible approach, an awesome attitude with good common sense
* A willingness to help other trades as required
Remote projects require a solid team effort, we’re looking for someone with the right attitude that’s willing to be part of a great hardworking supportive team.
Exceptional fitness is required due to long hours & extreme conditions. Work’s fast paced & everyone’s expected to pitch in & help other trades (including labouring work).
We work in some of the most remote areas of the world, if you’ve previously worked in the mines in Australia or PNG, then those camps are considered a luxury in comparison to the places we operate. You’ll need to be happy ‘roughing it’ & sharing accommodation & in return you’ll be paid on time & have the opportunity to gain valuable overseas experience to help build your career.
Applicants MUST meet the criteria below:
- Be willing to travel to potentially Tauranga or Christchurch for medicals/induction at your own expense (medical testing costs covered by us)
- Have a NZ or AUS passport. We can accept applicants with NZ permanent residence (with no travel restrictions) under certain circumstances
- Currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with interviews/medicals/drug testing etc
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview)
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site
- Can pass an in-depth medical and dental examination
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail
- With the high volume of applications we receive, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure all applications are processed. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- Due to confidentially agreements with our clients, we’re unable to give out further info about the role apart from what’s listed above. More info would be discussed at interview.
- A current up to date CV must be supplied, failure to submit a current CV with your application will result in your application being rejected.
- There’s a lot of interest in these roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. Didn’t receive this email, (check your SPAM folder) then we didn’t receive your application.