Job descriptionTradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest from currently licenced PLUMBERS with experience of running a wastewater treatment plant for essential work on a remote project in the Pacific.
This would be a great opportunity to gain overseas experience while being paid in NZ Dollars. Now’s the time to apply if you’ve ever thought about doing Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) work.
The Role: Running the onsite wastewater treatment plant, testing samples, preventative & reactive plumbing & drainage maintenance work on several commercial & industrial facilities as well as a variety of other tasks.
Please include details about the type of work you’ve previously done in your CV.
You’ll need to have:
- A current NZ Certifying or Tradesman Plumber practicing licence
- 3 years minimum (after gaining your trade qualification) proven plumbing experience.
- Wastewater treatment experience
Got the skills? Don’t delay, APPLY NOW!!!
* Earn $2.9k per week after taxes - Contractor basis paid fortnightly in NZ$
* Flights provided from AKL, WLG or CHC
* Visas & Travel Insurance paid
* Food & Accommodation provided. Save $ while on site, you’ll have minimum expenses while working
* Gain overseas experience, take your career to the next level with Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) work
- 8 weeks away, 4 weeks at home in NZ.
- This is a loose roster which is subject to change due to the nature of work.
- The weeks away includes time spent in quarantine (you’ll be paid for being in quarantine).
- Hours of work: 6 x 12 hour days per week.
What We’re Looking For:
- Qualified Plumber with wastewater treatment experience, a current practising licence (Certified or Tradesman) & 3 years minimum experience in a similar role.
- A great work ethic, flexible approach, awesome attitude & good common sense.
- Exceptional fitness due to long hours & extreme conditions. Temperatures regularly reach 40 degrees with 85% humidity.
- Happy to help where needed, it’s a team effort on site. Work is fast paced & everyone’s expected to pitch in & help other trades (including labouring work).
- You'll need to be happy roughing it & sharing accommodation, you’ll be working with a great bunch of people which will make time fly by, earn great money & get the experience of a lifetime.
- 1st interview can be via Video depending on your location. You’ll need to travel to Tauranga at least once for medicals/induction at your own expense (med testing costs covered by us). Social distancing rules may apply.
- Due to travel restrictions at present, we cannot use anyone who is not an NZ/AU CITIZEN
- Currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Client confidentiality agreements restrict the ability to give out further info about the role (e.g. location) apart from what’s noted above. More info would be discussed at interview.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- A current up to date CV must be supplied, failure to do this will result in your application being rejected.
- There’s a lot of interest in these overseas roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.