Job descriptionTradestaff Global is actively seeking qualified & experienced CARPENTERS to work on McMurdo Base in Antarctica for the summer season. HURRY roles are filling fast! This epic opportunity does not come along every day. LAST CHANCE to apply for this season! Don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime!
- Due to travel requirements, you need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as well as having had a Bivalent booster. (If you’re not eligible at this time to have this booster, still apply as it can be arranged at a later date).
THE ROLE: New build commercial interior & exterior carpentry work. We need carpenters with commercial experience & are keen to hear from builders with large commercial structural steel erecting & rigging experience.
We’re also interested in hearing from applicants with additional experience in:
- Performing layouts & framing of metal studs
- Hanging & Finishing Plasterboard
- Installation of raised access flooring
- Installation of Metal Roofing, Sidings & Flashings
- Installation of large aluminium commercial windows & doors
- Installation of Acoustic Suspended Ceilings
- Carpet & Vinyl laying
YOU NEED TO:
- Be Trade Qualified & able to supply proof at interview stage.
- Have Commercial experience & have referees who will be able to validate this.
- Supply a current up to date CV that outlines your commercial skills/experience & types of commercial projects/jobs worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of detailed paperwork.
- Be patient when working through the application process. It’s a very long & detailed process to mobilise people & in some cases it may take a few months to work through.
Exceptional fitness is required due to long hours & extreme conditions. Work’s fast paced & everyone is expected to pitch in.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- Flights provided from any major NZ airport.
- Food, shared accommodation, travel insurance provided.
- $62.78 per hour. Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
- All PPE Supplied
- 54 hours per week (this won’t change if work is affected by weather)
- Working 6 out of 7 days
Starting ASAP start dates are subject to passing medicals, your notice period & ice flight availability. There’s multiple roles available finishing in March & May approx. Priority will be given to people who are open to different dates. *You’ll be away the entire time.
The role will be starting ASAP, the onboarding process is very lengthy due to medical requirements & background checks that will determine start dates.
The medicals are quite strict, you’d need to be in very good health/have excellent fitness. You would be required to do Dental exams & would need good dental health to get clearance.
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity & would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA TO MEET:
- NZ or US Citizenship & hold a CURRENT Passport.
- First interview is by video. You must be prepared to travel to Tauranga for dental & medical tests. We pay for tests & provide flights if living outside of Tauranga.
- Full Class 1 Drivers Licence.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure everyone gets a response.
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive the email we didn’t receive your application.