Job descriptionTradestaff Global is actively seeking experienced COMMERCIAL ROOFERS to work on McMurdo Base in Antarctica for the summer season. HURRY roles are filling fast! This epic opportunity does not come along every day. LAST CHANCE to apply for this season! Don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime!
- Due to travel requirements, you need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as well as having had a Bivalent booster. (If you’re not eligible at this time to have this booster, still apply as it can be arranged at a later date).
YOU NEED TO:
- Have extensive commercial roofing experience including working with Standing Seam roofing & have referees who will be able to validate this.
- Supply a current up to date CV that outlines your commercial skills/experience & types of commercial projects/roofing jobs worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of detailed paperwork.
- Be patient when working through the application process. It’s a very long & detailed process to mobilise people & in some cases it may take a few months to work through.
Exceptional fitness is required due to long hours & extreme conditions. Work’s fast paced & everyone is expected to pitch in.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- Flights provided from any major NZ airport.
- Food, shared accommodation, travel insurance provided.
- $62.78 per hour. Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
- All PPE Supplied
- 54 hours per week (this won’t change if work is affected by weather)
- Working 6 out of 7 days
Starting mid – late January (start dates are subject to passing medicals, your notice period & flight availability), you will be based there till May approx & will be away the entire time.
The role will be starting in January, but as the onboarding process is very lengthy due to medical requirements & background checks that will determine start dates.
The medicals are quite strict, you would need to be in very good health/have excellent fitness. You would also be required to do Dental exams & would need good dental health to get clearance.
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity & would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA TO MEET:
- NZ or US Citizenship & hold a CURRENT Passport.
- First interview is by video. You must be prepared to travel to Tauranga for dental & medical tests. We pay for tests & provide flights if living outside of Tauranga.
- Full Class 1 Drivers Licence.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure everyone gets a response. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive the email, we didn’t receive your application.