Job descriptionTradestaff Global is actively seeking qualified & experienced COMMERCIAL/INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIANS who have Fire Alarm installation experience to work on McMurdo Base in Antarctica for the upcoming summer season. HURRY roles are filling fast! LAST CHANCE to apply for this season! Don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime!
- Due to travel requirements, you need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as well as having had your Bivalent booster. (If you’re not eligible at this time to have this booster, still apply as it can be arranged at a later date).
THE ROLE: Work is predominantly commercial electrical work up to medium voltage & will include installing fire alarms, smoke & heat sensors. It will be a distinct advantage if you had experience with fabricating metal conduit, data cabling & Security systems.
You should feel comfortable with tasks from reading electrical schematics through to pulling wires & be happy to pitch in & help other trades if required including basic labouring.
If you have experience with any of the following, please outline this in your CV: UPS battery systems and/or backup generator systems, Telecoms, Security system installation, Switchgear & Transformer wiring.
YOU NEED TO:
- Hold a current NZ Electrical Practicing Licence.
- Have extensive Commercial experience including Fire Alarm Install experience & be able to provide referees who can validate this.
- Supply a current up to date CV outlining your commercial skills/experience including fire alarms & types of projects/jobs worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of detailed paperwork.
- Be patient when working through the application process. It is a very long & detailed process to mobilise people & in some cases it may take a few months to work through.
Exceptional fitness is required due to long hours & extreme conditions. Works fast paced & everyone is expected to pitch in.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- Flights provided from any major NZ airport.
- Food, shared accommodation, travel insurance provided.
- $62.78 per hour. Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
- All PPE Supplied
- 54 hours per week (this won’t change if work is affected by weather)
- Working 6 out of 7 days
Ideally starting ASAP, start dates are subject to passing medicals, your notice period & ice flight availability. Multiple roles with finishing dates of Feb, March & May approx. You will be away the entire time. *Priority will be given to people who are open to different dates.
The role will be starting as soon as possible, but as the onboarding process is very lengthy due to medical requirements & background checks that will determine start dates.
Medicals are quite strict, you would need to be in very good health/have excellent fitness. You will be required to do Dental exams & would need good dental health to get clearance.
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity & would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA TO MEET:
- NZ or US Citizenship & hold a CURRENT Passport.
- First interview is by video. You must be prepared to travel to Tauranga for dental & medical tests. We pay for tests & provide flights if living outside of Tauranga.
- Full Class 1 Drivers Licence.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure everyone gets a response. Please don’t call/email to apply.