Job descriptionTradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest from licensed & experienced Excavator Operators to work in Antarctica for the upcoming summer season.
We have multiple vacancies available. This epic opportunity does not come along every day, don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime!
* Due to travel requirements, you need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as well as having had your Bivalent booster. (If you are not eligible at this time to have your Bivalent booster, still apply as we can arrange this at a later date).
Duties: Operating Excavators on a remote construction project. You also need to be willing to get out of the cab & assist other trades. If you don’t like getting out of the cab, please don’t apply.
You will Need to:
- Hold a WTR & a Class 4 Licence.
- Have solid experience operating 30 - 50 Tonne Excavators on high-risk sites such as construction, roading, civil etc & have referees who will be able to validate this.
- Supply a current up to date CV that outlines your skills/experience with Excavators including sizes/tonne, brand & length of time operating & examples of projects/sites worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of paperwork.
- It would be a distinct advantage if you had experience on other plant machinery such as Bulldozers, Front End Loaders etc.
It’ll be hard work but in return you’ll be paid well, gain the experience of a lifetime, & see some amazing sights that most people will never get to experience. If you have ever wanted to tick this off your bucket list, this could be the job for you.
The role will be starting around October, but the onboarding process is very lengthy due to medical requirements & background checks.
At present we are asking people to express their interest & will be conducting interviews in the coming weeks.
The medicals are quite strict, you would need to be in very good health / have excellent fitness. You would also be required to do Dental exams & would need good dental health to get clearance.
At present we’re asking people to express their interest & we will be conducting interviews in the next few months.
There is always a lot of interest in these roles, you will need to be patient while we work through all the stages with the applications. We ask you don’t contact us to find out the status of your application as we’ll be busy processing applications, rest assured we would be in touch with you either by phone or email (check your junk/spam folder) to update you.
* 54 hours per week
* Working 6 out of 7 days
* Flights provided from any major NZ airport
* Food, shared accommodation, travel insurance provided
* $70 per hour - Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
* All PPE Supplied
Remote projects require a solid team effort, we are looking for someone with the right attitude that’s willing to be part of a great hardworking supportive team.
Exceptional fitness is required due to long hours & extreme conditions. Work is fast paced & everyone is expected to pitch in & help other trades (including labouring work).
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity & would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA YOU’ll NEED TO MEET:
- New Zealand Citizenship & hold a CURRENT NZ Passport.
- Be currently permanently based in NZ.
- First interview will be via video. You will need to be prepared to travel to Tauranga for dental & medical tests. We pay for the tests & will provide flights if living outside of Tauranga.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug & alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure everyone gets a response. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email we didn’t receive your application.