Job descriptionTradestaff Global actively seeking licensed & experienced EXCAVATOR OPERATORS to work on McMurdo Base in Antarctica for the upcoming summer season. HURRY roles are filling fast! This epic opportunity does not come along every day. LAST CHANCE to apply for this season! Don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime!
- Due to travel requirements, you need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as well as having had your Bivalent booster. (If you’re not eligible at this time to have this booster, still apply as it can be arranged at a later date).
THE ROLE: Operating large Excavators on a remote new build construction project. You also need to be willing to get out of the cab & assist other trades including labouring work at times.
It would be an advantage if you had experience on other plant machinery such as Rollers, Bulldozers, Front End Loaders, Telehandlers, Moxy’s etc then please note this in your CV.
YOU NEED TO:
- Hold a WTR & a Class 4 Licence.
- Have solid experience operating 30 - 50 Tonne Excavators on high-risk sites such as construction, roading, civil etc & have referees who will be able to validate this.
- Supply a current up to date CV that outlines your skills/experience with Excavators including sizes/tonne, brand & length of time operating & examples of projects/sites worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of paperwork.
- Be patient when working through the application process. It is a very long & detailed process to mobilise people & in some cases it may take a few months to work through.
Exceptional fitness is required due to long hours & extreme conditions. Work’s fast paced & everyone is expected to pitch in.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- Flights provided from any major NZ airport.
- Food, shared accommodation, travel insurance provided.
- $70 per hour. Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
- All PPE Supplied
- 54 hours per week (this won’t change if work is affected by weather)
- Working 6 out of 7 days
Ideally starting ASAP, start dates are subject to passing medicals, your notice period & ice flight availability. You will be based there until March approx & you will be away the entire time.
The role will be starting as soon as possible, but as the onboarding process is very lengthy due to medical requirements & background checks that will determine start dates.
The medicals are quite strict, you would need to be in very good health/have excellent fitness. You would also be required to do Dental exams & would need good dental health to get clearance.
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity & would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA TO MEET:
- NZ or US Citizenship & hold a CURRENT Passport.
- First interview is by video. You must be prepared to travel to Tauranga for dental & medical tests. We pay for tests & provide flights if living outside of Tauranga.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure everyone gets a response. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive the email, we didn’t receive your application.