Job descriptionTradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest from licensed & experienced MOXY TRUCK OPERATORS to work on McMurdo Base in Antarctica for the upcoming summer season starting in September 2024.
THE ROLE: Operating a Moxy on a remote new build construction project. You also need to be willing to get out of the cab & assist other trades including labouring work at times.
It would be an advantage if you had experience on other plant machinery such as Rollers, Bulldozers, Front End Loaders, Telehandlers etc, please note this in your CV.
YOU NEED TO:
- Due to travel requirements, you need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Hold a Class 4 Licence.
- Have solid experience operating a Moxy high-risk sites such as construction, roading, civil etc & have referees who will be able to validate this.
- Supply a current up to date CV that outlines your skills/experience with Moxy’s including sizes/tonne, length of time operating, and examples of projects/sites worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of paperwork.
- Be patient when working through the application process. It is a very long & detailed process to mobilise people & in some cases it may take a few months to work through.
Exceptional fitness is required due to long hours & extreme conditions. Work is fast paced & everyone is expected to pitch in.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- Flights provided from any major NZ airport.
- Food, shared accommodation, travel insurance provided.
- $62.78 per hour. Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
- All PPE Supplied
- 54 hours per week (this won’t change if work is affected by weather)
- Working 6 out of 7 days
Start dates are subject to passing medicals, your notice period & ice flight availability. You will likely leave between Sep / Oct 2024 and return in approximately March or May 2025. You will be away the entire time.
The onboarding process is very lengthy due to medical requirements & background checks which will determine start dates.
The medicals are quite strict; you need to be in very good health/have excellent fitness. You will also be required to do a Dental exam & will need good dental health to get clearance.
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity & would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA TO MEET:
- NZ or US Citizenship & hold a CURRENT Passport.
- First interviews are by phone then either video or in person depending upon where you live. You must be prepared to travel to Tauranga for dental & medical tests. We pay for tests & provide flights if living outside of Tauranga.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure everyone gets a response. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive the email, we didn’t receive your application.