Job descriptionTradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest from experienced PIPE FITTERS & PIPE WELDERS to work on McMurdo Base in Antarctica for the upcoming summer season.
We have multiple vacancies available for the roles & priority will be given to people who are experienced in both.
* Due to travel requirements, you need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as well as having had your Bivalent booster. (If you’re not eligible at this time to have this booster, still apply as it can be arranged at a later date).
Pipe Fitter -
You will need extensive experience in pipe fitting, fabrication, braizing, soldering & fabrication in a commercial/industrial environment & be able to give us examples of this in your CV.
You should be comfortable reading schematics, working with pumps & flow valves right through to lagging of pipes. The pipework will be mostly on copper pipe up to 4 inch diameter for heating systems & fuel lines up to 6’’.
You must also be happy to pitch in & help other trades if required including basic labouring.
Pipe Welder -
As above but you must also have extensive experience in Pipe Welding & hold a current ASME IX Ticket.
YOU NEED TO:
- Have experience & have referees who can validate this.
- Have a current ASME IX Ticket if applying for a Pipe Welders role & able to provide proof at interview.
- Supply a current up to date CV outlining your skills/experience & types of projects/jobs you’ve worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of detailed paperwork.
- Be patient when working through the application process. It is a very long & detailed process to mobilise people & in some cases it may take a few months to work through.
Remote projects require a solid team effort, we’re looking for someone with the right attitude that’s willing to be part of a great hardworking supportive team.
* 54 hours per week
* Working 6 out of 7 days
This role is not for the faint hearted; you’ll be staying in one of the most isolated places in the world.
Pipefitters 1 x Oct/Nov to Feb, 1 x Oct/Nov to March, 1 x Oct/Nov to May.
Pipe Welder 1 x Oct/Nov to May
Priority will be given to people who are open to different dates. *You will be away the entire time including being away for Christmas.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
* Flights provided from any major NZ airport
* Food, shared accommodation, travel insurance provided
* $70 per hour. Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
* All PPE Supplied
It’s hard work but in return you’ll be paid well, gain experience of a lifetime & see some amazing sights most people will never get to experience. If you’ve ever wanted to tick this off your bucket list, this could be the job for you.
The role will be starting around Oct/Nov, but the onboarding process is very lengthy due to medical requirements & background checks.
The medicals are quite strict, you would need to be in very good health/have excellent fitness. You would also be required to do Dental exams & would need good dental health to get clearance.
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity & would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA TO MEET:
- NZ or US Citizenship & hold a CURRENT Passport.
- First interview is by video. You must be prepared to travel to Tauranga for dental & medical tests. We pay for tests & provide flights if living outside of Tauranga.
- Full Class 1 Drivers Licence.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure everyone gets a response. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive the email, we didn’t receive your application.