Job descriptionWe’re seeking expressions of interest from qualified and experienced Riggers/Steel Fixers to work in Antarctica for the upcoming summer season. This is an epic opportunity that does not come along every day, do not miss out on the experience of a lifetime.
* Due to travel requirements, you need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as well as having had your booster vaccine.
Multiple vacancies available with a mixture of approx 3, 4 and 6 months work. Roles are starting between October/November.
Duties: New build commercial work, will involve the assembly of steel frame buildings and rigging of building materials. You will need to be happy to pitch in and help other trades as required. There will also be labouring work at times.
You will Need to:
- Be a qualified Rigger with experience of construction or similar.
- Be experienced with the erection of steel structures.
- Provide proof of your qualifications at interview stage.
- Supply a current up to date CV that outlines your skills, experience & types of commercial projects/jobs worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of paperwork.
- It would be a distinct advantage if you had WTR tickets, please note this on your CV.
It’ll be hard work but in return you’ll be paid well, gain the experience of a lifetime, and see some amazing sights that most people will never get to experience. If you have ever wanted to tick this off your bucket list, this could be the job for you.
The roles will be starting in October/November but the onboarding process is quite lengthy due to medical requirements and background checks.
At present we are asking Riggers/Steel Fixers to express their interest and will be conducting interviews in the coming weeks.
The medicals are quite strict, you would need to be in very good health / have excellent fitness. You would also be required to do Dental exams and would need good dental health to get clearance.
As there is always a lot of interest in these roles, we ask you to please be patient while we work through all the stages with the applications.
* 54 hours per week
* Working 6 out of 7 days
* Flights provided from any major NZ airport
* Food, accommodation, travel insurance provided
* $57.77 per hour - Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
* All PPE Supplied
* Tools Supplied
Remote projects require a solid team effort, we are looking for someone with right attitude that’s willing to be part of a great hardworking supportive team.
Exceptional fitness is required due to long hours & extreme conditions. Work is fast paced & everyone is expected to pitch in & help other trades (including labouring work).
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity and would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA YOU’ll NEED TO MEET:
- New Zealand Citizenship and hold a CURRENT NZ Passport.
- Be currently permanently based in NZ.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug & alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure everyone gets a response. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.
- There’s a lot of interest in these roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about the outcome of your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).