Job descriptionTradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest from licensed and experienced ROLLER OPERATORS to work on McMurdo Base in Antarctica for the upcoming summer season.
Multiple roles available. This epic opportunity does not come along every day, don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime!
* Due to travel requirements, you need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as well as having had your Bivalent booster. (If you’re not eligible at this time to have this booster, still apply as it can be arranged at a later date).
THE ROLE: Operating a large Roller on a remote new build construction project. You also need to be willing to get out of the cab & assist other trades including labouring work at times.
It would be an advantage if you had experience on other plant machinery such as Bulldozers, Front End Loaders, Telehandlers, Moxy’s etc, please note this in your CV.
YOU NEED TO:
- Hold a WTR Endorsement & a Class 2 Licence.
- Have solid experience operating large size Rollers on high-risk sites such as construction, roading, civil etc & have referees who will be able to validate this.
- Supply a current up to date CV that outlines your skills/experience with Rollers including sizes/tonne, brand & length of time operating & examples of projects/sites worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of paperwork.
- Be patient when working through the application process. It is a very long & detailed process to mobilise people & in some cases it may take a few months to work through.
Remote projects require a solid team effort, we’re looking for someone with the right attitude that’s willing to be part of a great hardworking supportive team.
* 54 hours per week
* Working 6 out of 7 days
This role is not for the faint hearted; you’ll be staying in one of the most isolated places in the world.
We have multiple roles available starting from around Oct/Nov through to Dec/Jan approx. You will be away the entire time including being away for Christmas.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
* Flights provided from any major NZ airport
* Food, shared accommodation, travel insurance provided
* $62.78 per hour. Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
* All PPE Supplied
It’s hard work but in return you’ll be paid well, gain experience of a lifetime & see some amazing sights most people will never get to experience. If you’ve ever wanted to tick this off your bucket list, this could be the job for you.
The role will be starting around Oct/Nov, but the onboarding process is very lengthy due to medical requirements & background checks.
The medicals are quite strict, you would need to be in very good health/have excellent fitness. You would also be required to do Dental exams & would need good dental health to get clearance.
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity & would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA TO MEET:
- NZ or US Citizenship & hold a CURRENT Passport.
- First interview is by video. You must be prepared to travel to Tauranga for dental & medical tests. We pay for tests & provide flights if living outside of Tauranga.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure everyone gets a response. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive the email, we didn’t receive your application.