Job descriptionTradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest from qualified & experienced STRUCTUAL STEEL WELDERS to work on McMurdo Base in Antarctica for the upcoming summer season.
Multiple vacancies available. This epic opportunity does not come along every day, don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime!
* Due to travel requirements, you need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as well as having had your Bivalent booster. (If you’re not eligible at this time to have this booster, still apply as it can be arranged at a later date).
THE ROLE: New build commercial construction involving assembly & welding of steel frame buildings. Previous experience with the erection of steel structures is required. You’ll need to be happy to pitch in & help other trades including labouring.
YOU NEED TO:
- Be a qualified structural welder with a current 9606 ticket. If your ticket has expired, we will help with re-certifying at our expense. Please note in your Cover Letter / CV if your 9606 ticket is current or expired.
- Have extensive experience with the erection of steel structures.
- Provide proof of your qualifications (current or expired) at interview.
- Supply a current up to date CV that outlines your skills, experience & types of projects/jobs worked on.
- Be IT literate & good with dealing with a lot of detailed paperwork.
- Be patient when working through the application process. It is a very long & detailed process to mobilise people & in some cases it may take a few months to work through.
Remote projects require a solid team effort, we’re looking for someone with the right attitude that’s willing to be part of a great hardworking supportive team.
* 54 hours per week
* Working 6 out of 7 days
This role is not for the faint hearted; you’ll be staying in one of the most isolated places in the world.
We have multiple roles available starting around Oct/Nov to Jan approx. You will be away the entire time including being away for Christmas.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
* Flights provided from any major NZ airport
* Food, shared accommodation, travel insurance provided
* $70 per hour. Contract basis, paid fortnightly in NZ$
* All PPE Supplied
It’s hard work but in return you’ll be paid well, gain experience of a lifetime & see some amazing sights most people will never get to experience. If you’ve ever wanted to tick this off your bucket list, this could be the job for you.
The role will be starting around Oct/Nov, but the onboarding process is very lengthy due to medical requirements & background checks.
The medicals are quite strict, you would need to be in very good health/have excellent fitness. You would also be required to do Dental exams & would need good dental health to get clearance.
If you like the sound of this amazing opportunity & would like to apply, please note:
CRITERIA TO MEET:
- NZ or US Citizenship & hold a CURRENT Passport.
- First interview is by video. You must be prepared to travel to Tauranga for dental & medical tests. We pay for tests & provide flights if living outside of Tauranga.
- Full Class 1 Drivers Licence.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Due to high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system to ensure everyone gets a response. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive the email, we didn’t receive your application.