Job descriptionWe’re seeking expressions of interest from qualified & experienced BIOHAZARD DECONTAMINATION TECHNICIANS wanted for essential work on a remote project in the Pacific Islands.
The Role: Cleaning and Decontamination of various premises including medical facilities, offices, accommodation and a transit quarantine facility on a remote pacific project. This will involve general cleaning and decontamination to reduce the risk of Covid-19. We are only looking for people who have appropriate qualifications and experience of using positive pressure respirator systems.
Got the skills? Don’t delay, APPLY NOW!!!
* Earn over $3K per week after taxes - Contractor basis paid fortnightly in NZ$
* Flights provided from AKL, WLG, DUN, QT OR CHC
* Visas & Travel Insurance paid
* Food & Accommodation provided. Save $ while on site, you’ll have minimum expenses while working
* Gain overseas experience, take your career to the next level with Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) work
There are two roster options:
Option A – 10 weeks away, 2 weeks at home in NZ
Option B – 12 weeks away, 4 weeks at home in NZ
* The time away includes time spent in quarantine which is paid.
Hours of work are 6 x 10 hour days per week. (60 hours total)
This role is expected to last until the New Year at this stage but may be extended depending upon the situation with Covid at that time.
What We’re Looking For:
* Relevant qualifications & 3 years minimum experience in a similar role - You must have extensive experience with positive pressure respirators.
* A great work ethic, flexible approach, awesome attitude & good common sense
* Exceptional fitness due to long hours & extreme conditions. Temperatures regularly reach 40 degrees with 85% humidity
* Happy to help where needed, it’s a team effort on site. Work’s fast paced & everyone’s expected to pitch in & help out other trades (including labouring work)
* You'll need to be happy roughing it & sharing accommodation, you’ll be working with a great bunch of people which will make time fly by, earn great money & get the experience of a lifetime
You’ll need to meet the criteria below:
- 1st interview via Video. You’ll need to travel to Tauranga at least once for medicals/induction at your own expense (med testing costs covered by us). Social distancing rules apply.
- Have a NZ or AUS passport for visa purposes due to the countries we work in. We can accept applicants with NZ permanent residence (with no travel restrictions) under certain circumstances.
- Currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & good attention to detail.
- Client confidentiality agreements restrict ability to give out further info about the role (e.g. location) apart from what’s noted above. More info discussed at interview.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- A current up to date CV must be supplied, failure to do this will result in your application being rejected.
- There’s a lot of interest in these overseas roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.