Job descriptionGot an easy going, team focused attitude and want to try Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) work? Get a good portion of time off to spend time with your family and friends, go surfing, renovate your house or study etc – the choice is yours!
We're seeking expressions of interest from experienced & qualified CANTEEN CHEFS for upcoming work on a remote project in the Pacific Islands. Gain overseas experience & take your career to the next level by doing Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) work.
* Applicants must hold at least a Level 3 Certificate in Cookery.
DUTIES: Preparation of meals in the canteen of a large work site in a remote area in the Pacific Islands. Applicants will need to have experience in working in a large canteen style facility.
You will Need to Have:
* Relevant Qualifications/Licences - At least a Cert 3 in Cookery
* 3 years min proven experience in this industry
* Be IT Literate
* Excellent fitness due to extreme climates & long hours
* Great work ethic, a flexible approach, an awesome attitude with good common sense
* A willingness to help other departments as required
If along with your solid work experience and qualifications you can bring your great work ethic, flexible approach, exceptional fitness, resilience (it’s hot and humid where you’ll be working) and high levels of common sense, we can offer:
- $2.6K per week (after taxes) - Contractor basis, paid fortnightly in NZ Dollars.
- Food and accommodation.
- Travel insurance, visas, and flights.
- A fantastic opportunity to gain overseas experience and work with a great team of people.
If you like the sound of this and would like to apply, please note:
- NZ or AUS passport required for visa purposes due to the countries we work in. We can accept applicants with NZ Permanent Residence (with no travel restrictions) under certain circumstances.
- You need to be currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- Be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 for this role due to overseas border entry requirements.
- First interview will be via video. You will need to travel to Tauranga for medicals/induction at your own expense (we cover medical testing costs). Social distancing rules apply.
- You need a clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- You will need to pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- You need to be able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
Who Are We? Tradestaff Global is part of the Tradestaff Group, one of New Zealand's largest & most trusted recruitment companies. We specialise in the supply of expat labour to international projects. We supply FIFO staff into a variety of positions. In construction we regularly recruit for staff such as Builders/Carpenters, Electricians, Plumbers, Concreters & Plant Operators. We also deal with technical roles such as Engineers & Management positions on a regular basis. All current vacancies can be found on our website.