Job descriptionTradestaff Global is seeking expressions of interest from qualified & experienced COMMERCIAL CARPENTERS for essential work on a remote project in the Pacific.
The Role: Commercial Carpentry which includes some new build and some maintenance work as well as a variety of other tasks. Please note any concreting and/or fencing experience in your CV. You’ll need to have at least 3 years proven experience working on commercial projects. Got the skills? Don’t delay, APPLY NOW!!!
* Earn $2.9k per week after taxes - Contractor basis paid fortnightly in NZ$
* Flights provided from AKL, WLG or CHC
* Visas & Travel Insurance paid
* Food & Accommodation provided. Save $ while on site, you’ll have minimum expenses while working
* Gain overseas experience, take your career to the next level with Fly in Fly Out (FIFO) work
There are two roster options:
Option A – 10 weeks away, 2 weeks at home in NZ
Option B – 12 weeks away, 4 weeks at home in NZ
*The time away includes time spent in quarantine which is paid.
Hours of work are 6 x 10 hour days per week. (60 hours total)
This role is expected to last approx 6 months (2 x swings) but has the potential to extended.
What We’re Looking For:
* Trade Qualified Carpenter with 3 years minimum experience in a similar role
* A great work ethic, flexible approach, awesome attitude & good common sense
* Exceptional fitness due to long hours & extreme conditions. Temperatures regularly reach 40 degrees with 85% humidity
* Happy to help where needed, it’s a team effort on site. Work’s fast paced & everyone’s expected to pitch in & help out other trades (including labouring work)
* You'll need to be happy roughing it & sharing accommodation, you’ll be working with a great bunch of people which will make time fly by, earn great money & get the experience of a lifetime
You’ll need to meet the criteria below:
- 1st interview via Video. You’ll need to travel to Tauranga at least once for medicals/induction at your own expense (med testing costs covered by us). Social distancing rules apply.
- Have a NZ or AUS passport for visa purposes due to the countries we work in. We can accept applicants with NZ permanent residence (with no travel restrictions) under certain circumstances.
- Currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & good attention to detail.
- Client confidentiality agreements restrict the ability to give out further info about the role (e.g. location) apart from what’s noted above. More info would be discussed at interview.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- A current up to date CV must be supplied, failure to do this will result in your application being rejected.
- There’s a lot of interest in these overseas roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.