Job descriptionWant time off to spend with family, go hiking, fishing, renovate the house etc? We’re seeking expressions of interest from experienced Logistics/Warehouse Operatives for essential work on a remote project in the Pacific.
A great opportunity to gain overseas experience while being paid in NZ$. Now’s the time to apply if you’ve ever thought about doing FIFO work & taking your career to the next level.
* Due to travel restrictions you’ll need to be a NZ/AU CITIZEN & CURRENTLY permanently based in NZ
- Class 2 Licence & experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Class 4, WTR or Fork Lift Licences: It’ll be a bonus if you have these, & people with these licences will be prioritised.
- A Great Attitude: With remote work we need people who take problems in their stride, things go wrong, we need positive people who adapt & are solutions focussed
- Flexibility: Work’s varied, expect to be doing general labouring 70% of the time & more skilled work the rest of the time. One day may be doing heavy lifting unloading shipping containers then a few hours on the Forklift or driving a truck. You could be stocktaking, doing deliveries or doing other random duties as per our client’s needs.
- Admin/IT Skills: There may be admin or stocktaking which will require people to be IT literate & good at paperwork
- Supervisory Skills: You’ll be working alongside & supervising a team of locals.
* Earn $2.6K per week after taxes - Contractor basis, paid fortnightly in $NZ
* Food & Accommodation provided. Save $ while on site, you’ll have minimum expenses while working
* Travel Insurance / Visa’s / Flights (from AKL, WLG or CHC) provided
- 8 weeks away 4 weeks at home in NZ
- This is a loose roster & subject to change due to the nature of work
- The weeks away includes time spent in quarantine (you’ll be paid for being in quarantine)
- Hours of work: 6 x 12 hr days per week - day & night shift
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
* A great work ethic, flexible approach, awesome attitude & good common sense.
* Exceptional fitness due to long hours & extreme conditions. Temperatures regularly reach 40 degrees with 85% humidity.
* Happy to help where needed, it’s a team effort on site. Work is fast paced & everyone’s expected to pitch in & help other trades (including labouring work).
* You'll need to be happy roughing it & sharing accommodation at times. You’ll be working with a great bunch of people which will make time fly by, earn great money & get the experience of a lifetime.
YOU’LL NEED TO MEET THE CRITERIA BELOW:
- 1st interview via Video. You’ll need to travel to Tauranga at least once for medicals/induction at your own expense (med testing costs covered by us). Social distancing rules apply.
- Currently permanently based in NZ due to compliance/insurance purposes & logistics involved with medicals/drug testing etc.
- All our workers must be willing to be vaccinated for Covid-19 due to legislation with travel.
- Clean criminal record (Police checks will be completed at interview).
- Can pass drug/alcohol & medical testing as well as random testing on site.
- Able to follow instructions & have good attention to detail.
- Client confidentiality agreements restrict the ability to give out further info about the role (e.g. location) apart from what’s noted above. More info would be discussed at interview.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we only accept applications via our online system. Please don’t call/email to apply.
- A current up to date CV must be supplied, failure to do this will result in your application being rejected.
- There’s a lot of interest in these overseas roles, it may take a while to respond to applications. Please be patient, you’ll get an answer from us about your application either via phone or email (check your SPAM folder).
- An automatic email will be immediately sent to you if your application was submitted successfully. If you don’t receive this email (check your JUNK folder) we didn’t receive your application.